sexta-feira, março 14, 2008

Cavell: "The Wittgensteinian Event"

Some members of my generation, struck by the Wittgensteinian event, felt liberated from the sometimes painful draw of philosophy as such, taking its problems as having been finally perceived for what they are worth, and solved. In my case, its changed expectations of philosophy liberated me to think philosophically (according to my lights) about anything, in any medium, in which I found interest. (p. 10)

Wittgenstein's promise of "peace" or "rest" after restlessness is, in his practice, something lost almost as soon as it is found, not a promise that projects a realm of refuge, so his philosophical stance of contradiction and dissatisfaction in effect assumes an independence from whatever world this imperfect one turns out to be. (p. 18)

Stanley Cavell, "The Wittgensteinian Event" (In: Reading Cavell, Routledge, 2006)

Assino embaixo.

Nenhum comentário: